C.P.Taylor’s GOOD, starring David Tennant and directed by Dominic Cooke has announced new dates for 2022 at the Harold Pinter Theatre. The production also stars Elliot Levey (Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club) and is designed by Vicki Mortimer.
Automation Operator & Tech Swing Job Description
Job: Automation Operator and Tech Swing Responsible to: Company Stage Manager
Probationary Period: 6 weeks
Contract: Fixed Term; performances are 6 days per week, evening and weekend work will be required.
Exact scheduling to be confirmed. Please note this contract is subject to the Producer’s right to give two weeks’ notice to close the Production.
Holiday: As per the BECTU Agreement https://bectu.org.uk/
Start date: Monday 26th September – 24th December 2022
Location: Harold Pinter Theatre, London
Personal Attributes: A good understanding of theatre stage and automated flying systems and experience of working in a show running environment. A High level of self-awareness, empathy, integrity and confidentiality, detail orientated, strong communication and organisational skills, ability to work as part of a team as well as individually, a flexible approach to working unsociable hours, and a positive attitude.
To apply: please send a CV and a short covering letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line by 5pm on Thursday 14th July 2022.
Your responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
• Daily and weekly checks of the show automated flying system (Likely to be Kinesys)
• Operation of the show automated flying system – Note only 1 live cue in the final moments of
the show – other preset cues required.
• Other show cues, stage cues as required – that can be sensibly combined with your Auto
• Performing pre show checks, pre show set up, and post show tidy
• Swing cover of stage/ASM cues and Sound no 2 role.
• Maintaining the Production as instructed and dictated by the creative team in line with
the artistic requirements and direction of the Production;
• Having a practical understanding of the Producer’s employment policies and demonstrating a
willingness to comply with these polices;
• Working in accordance with the Producer’s Health and Safety policy, which may include working at height, using appropriate safety equipment and clothing and a9ending any training deemed necessary;
• Complying at all times with the rules and regulations in force at the venues under the control of the Production;
• Working alongside other technical departments, stage management, the acting company and creative team members to ensure the efficient flow of information as necessary for the smooth running of the show;
• Acquiring a familiarity with other plots/tracks so that you are able to provide holiday or absence cover for other members of the team as required;
• Attending rehearsals, show calls, maintenance calls, get-ins, fit-ups and get-outs as required by the Company Stage Manager, including emergency calls in the event of equipment failure or other incident, particularly if there is a risk of the cancellation of a performance;
• Having an awareness of understudy performances ahead of each show and making necessary adjustments, if any;
• Compiling and keeping updated cue sheets and other relevant show paperwork, both sob and hard copy, to such a level as to ensure an accurate reference to allow the Production to be remounted at a later date;
• Such other services as are customarily provided by an Automation Operator & Tech Swing in relation to the production of a first-class stage play; and
• Learn the track of at least one other member of the backstage team from a discipline that may not be their specialism, due to the on-going impact of COVID-19 and given the increased risk of absence of members of the technical team as a result of this.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required in the course of your duties or as instructed by the Head of Sound, Company Stage Manager, Production Manager, General Managers or Producer from time to time.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
We are committed to a workplace culture that embraces equality, diversity, and inclusion across all departments. Please note all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.