The Automation & Effects department is a team of four, responsible for the running and maintenance of the shows Automation equipment and various special effects, including pyrotechnics. We are looking for a Technical Swing to join the Automation & Effects department, ensuring that effective and efficient support is in place for the production. To contribute to, and participate in, the smooth running of performances and rehearsals to the highest possible standard and to ensure the show is well maintained as directed by the Head of Department.
• To assist in the running of all pre-show checks as scheduled by the HOD.
• To carry out the automaton deck plot and special effects plot in a safe manor, ensuring the safety of performers and crew onstage and in the wings during both shows and rehearsals.
• To take responsibility for automation equipment as required and keep the head of automation informed of any issues as they arise. • Carry out maintenance on the automation system as directed by the HOD.
• To assist with the procurement and maintenance of adequate stocks of consumables and spares.
• To assist the Special Effects technician in the preparation of pyrotechnics and various other special effects when required.
• To work in a co-operative and collaborative manner with the Head of Automation, Production Manager, Company Manager, Stage Manager, and resident creative team in establishing and executing the automation needs of the production both in rehearsal and performance.
• Previous automation experience on a west end or touring production.
• Experience running deck plots and an understanding of stage etiquette.
• An understanding and practical knowledge of the principles and safe working practices of theatre rigging, automation systems and set construction.
• The ability to work within a small team.
• Co-operation and adaptability.
• Good communication.
• Previous knowledge of Silicon Theatre Scenery (STS) Automation systems.
• Previous experience of working on a Large-Scale West End show.
• Qualifications relevant to this post.
Deadline for applications is the Monday 27th June 2022. With interviews taking place the week commencing 4th July 2022. The position would be to start in August 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you.