Queen of British Soul and West End leading lady Beverley Knight stars in the world premiere of a brand new musical The Drifters Girl, with the sensational Adam J Bernard (Dreamgirls), Tarinn Callender (Hamilton), Matt Henry (Kinky Boots) and Tosh Wanogho-Maud (Showboat).
Discover the remarkable story of The Drifters, one of the world’s greatest vocal groups, and the truth about the woman who made them. Beverley Knight stars as Faye Treadwell, the legendary manager of The Drifters, who, alongside her husband, fought for three decades to turn Atlantic Records' hottest vocal group into a global phenomenon.
From the highs of hit records and sell out tours to the lows of legal battles and personal tragedy, The Drifters Girl charts the trailblazing efforts of the world’s first African American, female music manager and how she refused to ever give up on the group she loved. Thirty years, and hundreds of hit songs later, there is no doubt that Faye Treadwell was and always will be, The Drifters Girl.
With an unbelievable soundtrack of some of the most iconic songs in history, including Save The Last Dance For Me, Under The Boardwalk, Kissin’ In The Back Row Of The Movies, Stand By Me, Come On Over To My Place And Saturday Night At The Movies
West End and Newcastle previews
12th Aug 2021
The Head of Automation is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all automation equipment and the smooth running of the Automation Department, including supervision of all Automation staff.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
· Responsible for operating the automation equipment for each performance as instructed and dictated by the artistic requirements and direction of the production.
· To ensure all automation equipment is properly maintained and daily automation checks completed to ensure equipment is in working order for each performance.
· Responsible for all aspects of the planning and maintenance of all automation equipment both in-house and with suppliers of automation equipment so this may be scheduled to ensure no show delays.
· Developing excellent relationships with suppliers.
· Manage, supervise and schedule members of the Automation team. To set and supervise the automation plots undertaken by the Automation staff.
· Work collaboratively with other departments, including the theatre’s technical team, to ensure the smooth running of the show.
· To coordinate the supply of all equipment and consumables required to run the show within budget as approved by the Company/General Manager.
· To keep show cue sheets up to date.
· Attend rehearsal, technical, dress and understudy rehearsals as required.
· Deal with emergency repairs to automation equipment.
· In collaboration with the Production Manager plan and budget for equipment renewals.
· Ensure that work materials and all automation equipment is kept in a tidy and secured manner.
· Ensure that security, safety and good housekeeping procedures for the department are properly carried out.
· Comply with the Manager’s Health and Safety and other policies at all times.
· Manage the recruitment and training of department staff and deps.
The post-holder must have the following:
· Experience of operating and maintaining automation equipment for live performance/theatre.
· Experience in mechanical and electrical fault finding of stage automation equipment
· Experience of programming automation systems
· The ability to run a busy department.
· The ability to adapt work in accordance with performance requirements.
· The ability to work as part of a large team.
· Good communication skills.
8 performances Monday-Saturday (Sunday rest day). Ad hoc rehearsal and press/marketing calls.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability for the role by noon Friday 13 August 2021 (quoting Head of Automation in the subject line), to: