The Automation & Effects department is a team of four, responsible for the running and maintenance of the shows Automation equipment and various special effects, including pyrotechnics. We are looking for a Special Effects Technician to join the Automation & Effects department at a Deputy level to ensure the effective and efficient support is in place for the production. To contribute to, and participate in, the smooth running of performances and rehearsals to the highest possible standard and to ensure the show is well maintained as directed by the Head of Department.
• To prepare and rig all pyrotechnics used during the show.
• To take responsibility for all other special effects used in the show, ensuring they are tested and are safe to use prior to every performance.
• To carry out the special effects deck plot in a safe manor, ensuring the safety of performers and crew onstage and in the wings during both shows and rehearsals.
• To report any issues and concerns with the any of the SFX equipment back to the Head of Department.
• Carry out maintenance on the SFX equipment.
• To keep a track of all pyro stock and other show consumables to ensure the show does not run out.
• To assist the Automation department in the running of the Automation equipment as required by the HOD.
• To work in a co-operative and collaborative manner with the Head of Automation, Production Manager, Company Manager, Stage Manager, and resident creative team in establishing and executing the automation needs of the production both in rehearsal and performance.
• Previous experience with Pyrotechnics.
• Experience working on a west end or touring production.
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
• An understanding and practical knowledge of the principles and safe working practices of theatre rigging, automation systems and set construction.
• The ability to work within a small team.
• Co-operation and adaptability.
• Excellent communication.
• Previous automation experience.
• Previous experience of working on a Large-Scale West End show.
• Previous experience with Twins FX.
• Qualifications relevant to this post.
Deadline for applications is the Monday 27th June 2022. With interviews taking place the week commencing 4th July 2022. The position would be to start on 1st August 2022.
To apply, either submit via Mandy.com or email your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.