Details taken from the RSC website Reference Number: RSC1047 Location: London Department: Automation PURPOSE To work as a member of the Matilda The Musical automation department, ensuring that effective and efficient support is in place for the production. To contribute to, and participate in, the smooth running of performances and rehearsals to the highest possible standard. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES •	To work in a co-operative and collaborative manner with the head of automation, technical manager, company manager, stage manager and resident creative team in establishing and executing the automation needs of the production both in rehearsal and performance
•	To take responsibility for automation equipment as required and keep the head of automation informed of any issues as they arise
•	To assist with the procurement and maintenance of adequate stocks of consumables and spares
•	To carry out pre-show automation checks
•	To crew the production during rehearsal and performance
•	To be aware of current health and safety legislation and other legal requirements and to ensure that all work is carried out in keeping with RSC policy and procedures.
•	To maintain all relevant paperwork and cue sheets necessary for the smooth running of the production
ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
•	Previous automation experience.
•	An understanding and practical knowledge of the principles and safe working practices of theatre rigging, automation systems and set construction.
•	The ability to work within a small team
•	Co-operation and adaptability
•	Good communication
•	Professional theatre experience
•	Flexible and adaptable approach.
•	Previous knowledge of Stage Technologies Automation systems.
•	Previous experience of working on a West End show
•	Qualifications relevant to this post
FURTHER INFORMATION Deadline for applications is 9th November 2017.
Contract will run from 1st January 2018 until 30th December 2018. Interviews will be week commencing 13th November 2017. Please note that the RSC is unable to reimburse interview expenses, however Skype may be an option in some circumstances. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all individuals. The Royal Shakespeare Company (no. 212481) is a publicly funded registered charity. Apply online through the RSC jobs page